Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ethan's 3 year check-up

Ethan now weighs 31.8 lbs. and is 3 feet and 1 inches tall. On the way to the hospital I told Ethan that he was going to see the doctor for his three year check up. Then he tells me that he doesn't want to see the doctor and that Gracie can go instead. I told him it was his turn and that it was going to be fun. That is when the truth came out and he ask, "Am I going to get shots?" . I told him that he wasn't going to get shots, they were just going to weigh him and see how big he has gotten. However, once our name is finally called, Ethan is crying and not wanting to follow the nurse. He is saying over and over he doesn't want shots. That is when the delightful nurse turns and ask me If I told him he was going to get shots. Ummmm, Let me think, in between letting him watch a bloody horror flick on crazy doctors and telling him in detail about all of the shots I have been given, I thought heck why not ruin his little world and tell him that he was going to get a shot. NOOOO, I did not tell him he was getting shots, maybe he got it in his head from seeing how many times you have pricked his little sister. He does come with me when we go to Gracie's appointments so I am sure the blood curtailing screams coming out of Gracie made Ethan realize that going to the doctor sometimes is not all that fun. Well, he did survive the appointment and there were no shots. Hopefully this experience will help out with any future resistance on going to the doctor.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Oh my God!! Why doesn't the dumb nurse ask...right in front of him... about the shot. Geez. I swear!! Where do they train these people? Your kids are absolutely, hands down adorable by the way!!