Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

4th of July Craft

Today we made our 4th of July craft! Ethan had a blast and enjoyed it. Gracie enjoyed the first five minutes of the craft then threw a major fit. I mean head spinning, tearing off all of your clothes running around butt naked kind of fit. Seriously! I WISH I was exaggerating. That is why there is only one photo of her. She did eventually cool off, but unfortunately that was after we were all done. The 3 year old tantrums are kicking our butts in the Ashe household.

While we were waiting for our paint to dry we enjoyed some homemade blueberry muffins with strawberry butter. As we were cooking, Ethan says, "Mom, you know who would really love some muffins...Joanna (Our neighbor and Lexie's godmother). We should take some to her." I love his giving heart and once they were done he personally took some to her:) The muffins were soooooo good! Ethan couldn't get his down fast enough. After he was done, he told me I was "Awesome for making some yummy muffins". Who knew I just needed to make blueberry muffins to be an awesome mom?! When Eric got home, he ate two of them and these are the compliments out of his mouth. "Man, I sure hope my next wife can cook just as good as you" and my favorite "I am only eating another one just so you won't feel bad about your cooking". I was laughing up a storm. I always tell people that I married Eric because of his sense of humor and after 10 years of being together, he still makes me laugh!



Blueberry Muffin with Strawberry Butter....yummy!







Our finished craft!
I took a blank canvas, covered it with blue painters tape, traced their hand print and cut it out the tape using a exact-o-knife. Once the hand was exposed the kids were able to put the paint on. Once it was dry I took off all of the tape and wrote Happy 4th!


Craft idea- http://www.lilmagoolie.com/2010/04/01/get-spotty/
The Best Blueberry Muffin Recipe- http://ourvintagehomelove.blogspot.com/2011/06/homemade-blueberry-muffins-with.html



Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments: