Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to School Bash

Now that school is on the horizon, our playgroup reveled in all of the excitement by throwing a Back to School Bash. Since I am the event coordinator I got to plan it! YEAH for me!! I had so much fun searching Pinny (my nickname for Pinterest) for inspiration. There are some talented people out there and I have no shame in trying to copy them ;) Despite it being a scorcher, we met at the local burger joint where the kids can pretty much run wild. I kept it simple for the sake of a budget and because I was transporting everything as well as all of my "normal" luggage to the restaurant. I think it turned out quite cute and I am so excited for the children. Whether they will be going to the nearest Mothers' Day Out or starting the 5th grade, the first day of school is always filled with excitement. Watching them grow and widen the independence gap can be enlightening as well as daunting. Please keep me in your thoughts on Monday as I send off my oldest baby to Kindergarten. {GULP}

The banner was made using flashcards that spell out "Back to School', the canvas art is made of melted crayons, the Pencil Favors are actually Rolos and Hershey kisses
and the wreath was made using rulers.



I made the cake and yes, I know the pencil is bigger than the cake.
It was yummy though!


I had to keep the candy cool so that is why the
glass looks like it just came out of an ice chest.


I had fun making this ruler wreath!
Here is the Ruler link! 

Ethan and Max enjoying some kickball!

Lexie enjoying the fake grass.

Lexie and Amelia

Rayven and Lexie

Marlissa and I
We are hoping our kiddos; Ethan and Ellie cross paths again in the future. Fingers crossed!

Group shot.....

...which turns into a 'who can scream the loudest' game. Lexie's favorite!

Me, Amanda, and Erica

Shelley, Amy, and I


Caryn, me, and Katie... oh and Jet!

I had to include some of the mommas who make living in San Antonio so much more fun!
I recently saw this quote on pinny and instantly thought of all of my friends near and far ;)

My friends remind me, by their very steadfastness, that truth, beauty, and goodness exist in the world, and that, no matter what, there are and always will be people loving people through thick and thin.

No comments: