Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Monday, March 21, 2011

Kissed by an Angel



On our last trip to Duke for Lexie's stem cell infusion we boarded a plane and I sat next to this woman who I will probably remember for the rest for my life. She takes one look at Lexie and says in the nicest voice, "Oh ..she was kissed by an angel!" I said, "Ugh.. what?" and then she replied with, "That raspberry on her nose. Her angel knew she was really special. So she kissed her on her nose to leave her mark because she wasn't ready to let her go." You know when you hear or see something and you get that feeling in your throat. The one were you think you are close to choking but you just have to swallow and breathe because if not a waterfall of tears will just make their way out. I didn't know this woman but she grasped onto my emotions. During the plane ride I found out she was mother to two special needs children which helped her decide on occupational therapy as a career choice. When I said goodbye to her she gave Lexie a gentle squeeze and said " Good luck with your infusion and it will all be okay....remember, she was kissed by an angel!" So, every time I look at Lexie and see her angel kiss I remember that woman and how she will always be remembered as an angel in my eyes.

No comments: