Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Monday, February 07, 2011

Snow day in Texas?!!

Yup, we got snow for one day and it literally shut the city down! I should say it was more of a snow dusting than actual snow fall but Texans are not used to snow nor ice. Interstates were shut down and if people did venture out they were often sliding all over the place. The night before it snowed we had sleeting rain and all the roads were iced under the snow. It didn't look bad to me, having driven in snow before, but the ice underneath the snow made for some interesting maneuvering. Even Eric was surprised how slick it was when he had to drive to work. Being how horrible it was, the kids and I decided to have a relaxing day at home. First we played in the snow and since it was Gracie's first time seeing snow she absolutely loved it. We only played outside for a few minutes because it was still way to cold. However, the rest of the day we did Valentines crafts. I will have to show you on a upcoming post how they all turned out. First I need the grandparents to receive their gifts before I ruin it for them. Normally, I don't mind showing them on here first and they are not really all that spectacular but I just don't think a picture does them justice. I love them all!!







No comments: