Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mom has friends???

Yesterday I was making a pie to take to a book club and curious Ethan happened to notice what I was making and started asking questions.

Ethan: ooohhh, Are you making a pie for dessert Mom?
Me: Nope, this is for my friends, but I will save you a piece.
Ethan "You have friends????" The expression on his face was priceless. Like if I had totally surprised him.


Then I started to wonder what Ethan must think of my social life. It got me thinking that he must assume when all of us moms get together it must be to only let the kids play. He has no idea that we enjoy each others company just as much as he enjoys his friends company. I wonder if he even notices that we talk to each other while he is playing. He may just think the world revolves around him and his friends.

Well what really cracked me up was earlier today we went to a friends house for dinner. All of the older kids were sitting at small table by themselves having their own conversation. Out of no where Ethan tells his friend Sami, " Hey, my mom has friends!!!". He didn't say it like it was common knowledge but more with a weird look on his face insinuating that it was just bizarre for his own mother to have friends. He just only thinks of me as "his" mother but not as my own person.

No comments: