Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ethan the Observer

Yesterday I came downstairs wearing a skirt and this is Ethan’s reaction.

Ethan: Mom, you are dressed like a princess!

Me: Thanks, Ethan. It is a skirt and I am sure you have seen me wear this before. Sit down so I can put your shoes on, we need to go. (I start to put his feet on my lap to put his socks on)

Ethan: No Mom, (moving his feet) I don’t want to ruin it. You look beautiful!

Me: I will wear a skirt everyday if you will put your own socks on!




The other day we were all in the car driving down the road and it turns out to be a classic example how literal kids take things.

Eric: LOOK Ethan, there is a 1956 red corvette (pointing down the street) Oh my god he ruined it by putting 22’s on it; my dad would shoot him if he saw that.

Ethan: DAD, your dad is going to shoot him (gasp, serious face)

Eric: No, he really isn’t going shoot him. It is just a figure of speech, meaning my dad would be very upset if he saw that.

Ethan: Yeah Dad, but we don’t shoot at people or cars. That is not nice!

No comments: