Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Monday, November 27, 2006

What do you mean he is not a baby?

Eric, Ethan and I were in line standing behind this mother and her 2 or 3 year old daughter. The little girl kept pointing at Ethan yelling “Baby, Baby”!!! Trying to get her mothers attention she kept yelling it louder. Finally her mother turns around and says, “Sweetie that is not a baby, he is a little boy”. I was surprised by that response because he is still a baby, well to us he is. He can’t walk, still eats baby food, and is not even 1 yet! However, the more I thought of it, the more I realized that he is growing and will be leaving his baby year behind to step into his toddler years. He has become so much more independent and enjoys doing things on his own without needing me like a newborn would. It hits me even more when I see newborn babies and hear that newborn cry. The funny part is when we left the line and were walking away. Eric turns to me and says in all seriousness, “Did you hear that woman say that Ethan is not a baby. When did he go from being a baby to a little boy?”

No comments: