Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Truly blessed

Men have always left the child raising their wives, but nowadays fathers have become so involved and have really accepted the role of co-parents. Sometimes I forget how much Eric means to me especially when it comes to Ethan. He is such a wonderful dad and helps out so much more than I expected. Ethan enjoys seeing his dad walk through the door at the end of the day and just wants him and only him. Eric feeds him dinner and they have their own special playtime together. I thought it was really to give me a break (“break” meaning house work and dinner) but then I realized that it is a chance for Eric to catch up with Ethan and spend some quality time together. The other day Eric said that it breaks his heart when Ethan is standing by the front door in his pajamas waving goodbye to him in the morning. I had always known that Eric has cherished Ethan but when he said that, it nearly broke my heart that he felt the importance of being involved and that a little thing as a wave meant so much to him. Eric has often said that he has no idea how single mothers pull it off and has so much respect for them. It is great when a man understands the role of a mother.

No comments: