Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Friday, November 03, 2006

Hibernating

Ethan and I have decided that if we need to leave the house, it is on an as needed basis only. It takes me so long just to get him ready to go outside. This includes putting his socks, shoes and hat back on after him taking them off for the 20th time. Therefore I would rather wait till Eric’s gets home and I go and run the errands by myself. Plus, it seems too cold to be taking a baby outside especially because Ethan is almost 10 months and hasn’t had a cold or an ear infection yet (knocking on wood).

I can’t believe that in about 2 months I am going to be the mother of a one year old!! Where has the time gone? I remember bringing home this teeny weenie baby from the hospital and how whenever he was being held he would bring his legs in and pucker out that cute little tushy.

Now I have a destructive, mischievous little boy tormenting the dog and using the big screen as his drum. He has just learned that he can open cabinet doors but with the crashing of a pot and him crawling away in fear. I hope that will be last time he tries that. He is speed walking across the furniture but has figured out going from the sitting position to the standing position without the help from the furniture. Although once he gets there he looks around and just stands without pushing his luck to move. The once adorable open mouthed slobbery kisses have been replaced with closed kisses since he has learned to pucker his lips. He is a big fan of mashed potatoes and still eyes my coke from time to time. Whenever we go out I get him his own glass of water and a straw. He absolutely loves it. One of his favorite things to do is to play ball with his Daddy; they roll the ball back and forth to each other. It is so cute to see him chasing after the ball and then trying to throw to Eric.