Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Monday, October 27, 2008

Our family visit and Gracie's baptism

For the past two weeks we were in Alamo visiting with our family and friends. It is always nice to see family and watch the grandparents play with Ethan and Gracie. While we were down we were able to attend two birthday parties, my Grandmother Maria turned 70 and Eric's Uncle Dave turned 50. I also got to visit with my good friend Lily which I haven't seen in 7 years, so much has happened that we ran out of time talking. Then this Saturday was Gracie's baptism. She looked so beautiful in her pretty white dress on her special day. My best friend Tiffany was so nice to stand in as Godmother. It is so fitting to have Tiffany as her Godmother because not only has she been a great friend but she is always checking up on the kids and when I first had Gracie I had to remind Tiffany that a spoiled little girl is not always a good thing. Gracie did really well during the ceremony even though it was held during nap time. She really liked the Father so I am sure that helped. Afterwards we had a little party to celebrate this occasion. We all enjoyed menudo, tamales and sandwiches and got to visit with each other one more time before heading out the next day.

Even after all of the stuff that we normally have going on when we come home, the one thing that I always seem to really enjoy is watching the kids interact with their grandparents and great grandparents. I think out of the whole trip Ethan enjoyed watching his great grandmother Lupe hit the branches of her pecan tree because when the pecans fell down it was his job to pick them up and put them in a bucket. He throughly enjoyed it and every time we went over he would run to the back door yelling, "Pick up the pecans" or how every time Gracie sees her grandmother Margie her whole face lights up, her attitude changes and she just can't look away. I think it is because I look ( and yes even act) so much like my mother that when she sees her grandmother it is like seeing two of mommy. These are just two out of all of the countless moments that really make the trips so worth it!

Uncle Dave's Party


My grandmother and I on her birthday

Eric, me, Tiffany and Gracie during the ceremony

Gracie getting baptized

Such a happy baby



I think this is such a cute picture


All of us with the preacher


Gracie and Ethan ready for some cake.

No comments: