Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Beef Jerky saves the day

Yesterday we went to the hospital to get our flu shots. Ethan and I were both able to get the mist so he was saved from getting the shot but poor Gracie had no choice. I walk up to the guy in uniform and Gracie is already flirting with him. She is just like her mommy, we sure do love men in uniform. It means they have a JOB! Anyways, she is just playing with him and he is talking to her the whole time while holding her hand. I pulled her pants down to her fat chunky thighs and he gave her the shot with not even a frown or whimper out of her. She was as happy as can be. That is the first time any of my kids have ever gotten a shot and there were no waterworks afterward. I said "Are you sure you did it in right". I wish I could request him for any future appointments.

Driving back from Alamo is a 10 hour drive so I try to keep the kids as occupied as I can. Well I forgot to write about this. Ethan and I were in the back seat enjoying some beef jerky steaks. Poor Gracie's gums were swollen the whole visit and she is just looking at us like "If anyone needs to be chewing on something, it needs to be me". I thought to myself, beef jerky would help her out so much because it taste really good and no matter how much she chews it, it will never fall apart. So I gave her a piece. Yes I did, and if any of you walk on water during your pastime you are more than welcome to scold me on my parenting. She absolutely loved it. She gnawed on it and you can tell she enjoyed the taste and the comfort it was giving her. I just kept trimming it down so she would get some fresh pieces but I think it was the best teether she has ever had.

No comments: