Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Thursday, February 14, 2008

One more time

Instead of him contemplating what he will be giving me for Valentines Day, Eric’s brain has been somewhere else. Today Eric defends his thesis and as he puts it all the work from the past 18 months lead up to this moment. Poor guy was so nervous this morning when he left but I am confident he will knock it out of the park. However, he did ask me what I wanted but unfortunately since he isn’t a medical professional that can’t get my contractions going, I don’t want anything. Speaking of wanting something, Ethan has learned that when he says “One more time, please” he can pretty much get away with anything. Anytime we tell him to stop doing something or that he can’t have anymore. We get this response “One more time, Mom” or “One more cookie, Mom” He will say it while putting his cute little pointer finger in the air like he is about to declare something important. This is how I see it, we are in the store and he wants to ride the horse again, he points his finger up and says “One more time”. Once his turn is done he gets off and walks away a happy child. Where as if I say no I get a screaming kicking child making a scene and basically we all leave in a bad mood. I figure what is so wrong with an extra minute especially since he asked nicely. We just have to pick and choose our battles with him. He is too funny though, yesterday we had a doctor’s appointment and I told Ethan that he could come with me to hear his baby sister’s heart beat. So there I was laying on the table and Ethan standing right by me. Once the doctor found the heartbeat, Ethan started screaming really loud “BABY SISTER, BABY SISTER”. It was so funny the doctor and I were both laughing. He said it with so much enthusiasm like as if he found it on his own. I just hope that enthusiasm stays when she arrives.

No comments: