Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Early Morning

Around six this morning, we were having a really loud rainstorm. I woke up because of it but was just lying in bed hoping Ethan slept right thru it. Well, that was until I heard the sound his diaper makes when he is running into our room. He jumps on our bed, comes about an inch away from my face and asks in an inquisitive voice “Mom, what’s that?” I reply with “Thunder” then seconds later he asks again all surprised “Mom, what’s that? I answer “Lightning”. After a while the storm starts to calm down so I tried to convince Ethan that since it is still dark we should go back to sleep. He did not like that idea because once I rolled over and closed my eyes he started to pry my eyes open with his little fingers saying, “Wake up, Mom. Wake up” I have no clue where he learned that phrase because Ethan has never been told to Wake up! I know I have said over a hundred times ‘Go to bed’ but never ‘Wake up’. Then he says with such a polite voice, “Orange juice, please”. Needless to say we were downstairs having breakfast within ten minutes.

No comments: