Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Productive Weekend




My poor hubby was so busy finishing his “honey do” list today. He has his knee surgery tomorrow and will be out of commission for awhile. There were some things we needed to do and I knew with his surgery and colder weather he wouldn’t get around to it. During the summer right around the time we got pregnant, we started looking for some bedroom furniture seeing how Ethan was going to be booted out of the nursery. I wanted just a natural mission style bedroom set, but just couldn’t find anything that I was impressed with. Well, Eric convinced me that he could make Ethan a bed just the way I wanted. I would hate to say that I doubted my husband’s potential but we needed this to last awhile. Needless to say, he surprised me. It came out wonderful, exactly like I had wanted, and I know that the materials we used was actual wood and not particleboard. Well, it has been in Ethan’s room all finished for about 4 months and we have been looking for a set to go with it. That is when we came across an unfinished natural wood store where you can pick any style you want and they can stain it or just leave it natural. It worked out perfect because we got him a bedroom set that matches his bed and was able to leave the pine alone. However, this weekend Eric had to put a couple coats of poly finish on it insuring if any spills were made it wouldn’t damage the wood. I think we will be starting at the beginning of next month putting Ethan in his new bed. We will see how it goes. Wish us luck. Seeing how Eric has tapped into his inner carpentry skills he also built me a growth chart this weekend. I found this item on the internet and wanted to purchase it but when Eric saw it, he convinced me that he could make it for me. This time I believed him. Since we move so much we needed something that is not paper but I wanted it to be big enough so that I can put all the kids on without having to lug around who knows how many charts. It came out great and looks so cute on the wall. Eric did such a good job that he is really considering making them to sell. Poor guy, he can’t wait for his mid-life crisis to buy him a cobra. He is getting so desperate that he will do just about anything. Sorry so long, here are a few pics of the chart and we will take pictures of his room once all the pieces are in there. We need them to air out.

No comments: