Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

5 years ago, we met our firecracker!


Did I count the years correctly because I'm pretty sure that it can't be 5 years already?! 
Seriously!

Lexie turning five scares me. I knew it was going to happen, but for some reason when my kiddos turn 5, it's like I have to accept that they're no longer babies.  It's halfway to TEN! Yikes. 

In many was Lexie is still a baby, so we do get to enjoy the innocence that comes with that, but the way she shows excitement over pretty tutus or the way she loves to take risks does scream her age. 
 She's full of energy, laughter and love.  She craves affection and shows remorse surprisingly well.  She loves holding and caring for her baby dolls and often dotes on Eli as if he was her baby.  She absolutely adores him and the feeling is mutual.  Having Eli has done wonders for Lexie and I think she truly understands her role as the bigger sister.  She enjoys watching me cook dinner and will go and get her own step stool just to get a better look.  She even has her own chore in our house which is setting the table for dinner.  She likes being helpful and it not only reinforces to her that we are a team, but that she is capable of doing more than most people think.  Lexie loves school and plays the social butterfly role quite nicely. Her classmates are the sweetest, because many times I catch them helping and caring for her in ways that makes my heart want to weep.  She is accepted and loved.  

Every year on Lexie's birthday, I'm reminded on how her birth was more terrifying than exciting, but we were so wrong to fear this little girl.  Can you imagine how exhilarating it would be to prove so many people wrong?  Lexie doesn't comprehend that that is exactly what she did, and even if she did, she wouldn't hold it against us because she's that amazing. 

How lucky are we to walk this life with her.  Too lucky. 



To celebrate Lexie's birthday we went to her favorite places.  
Pump it up and Chick-Fil-A,
She was worn out after all of that, but still had enough energy for presents and cake.  



















No comments: