Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My little busy bodies

Well, we are swinging back into our routine and just as busy as ever. We have playgroup, birthday parties, soccer games, and practices keeping us busy this month. Just when it looks like a relaxing weekend at home, something seems to come up. Oh well, we better get used to it because I doubt it will start to slow down once this new little girl comes along.

Ethan is loving soccer and is doing pretty well at it. The games are hilarious though because the kiddos don't know how to keep the ball in bounds yet but it is a good effort. He is also doing really well at preschool. He likes seeing his friends in a school setting and he comes home with all types of new things to show and tell me. I ask him if he would rather stay home with Mommy but he says no. He is in the process of learning his letters and numbers. He gots a lot of them down but still needs help with quite a few. It is so ironic though how I can try teaching him one letter one day and it is not sinking in but when the teacher covers that letter he gets it. I think it is just the fact that she is not his mother. Who knows why? He is still really great with Gracie but was a little upset when I told him we were having another girl. He looked at me and said "I don't want another Gracie". I laughed so hard and told him that his new sister is not Gracie's twin. She will be a different person. Once he figured that out, he seemed more excited and even suggested a few names: Mr. Incredible, shovel, and car. When I say goodbye to him, he will even kiss my stomach and say "Goodbye baby". It melts my heart knowing he is such a caring little boy.

Gracie is growing so fast and all I do is just try to keep up with her. She is still in the stage of learning how to share but she is getting it. Majority of the tiffs between her and her brother are because she likes getting her way without asking but we are working on that. She loves to count but always leaves out 4 and 8 for some reason. She will say some of her abc's but only parts. One moment she says "abcdefg" and then 5 minutes later says "lmnop". She loves putting her own shoes on but only gets them on the right feet a couple of times. She loves to play outside and could literally be out there all day. She screams when I tell her it is time to go inside. She does this cute expression with her face that I have yet to catch on camera where she pouts her lip, tilts her head down, and looks up at you. It makes suckers out of us every time. It is too cute. She is still fascinated with Dora and loves to dance to anything. She doesn't quite get that I have a baby in my stomach but is constantly pulling up shirt to look at my belly even in the most inappropriate locations. We will be at a store and if I don't let her pull up my shirt to see my belly she screams "BELLY, BELLY!!!" She is talking like crazy and will even put words together like: "More Milk please", "No, Mommy", Stop it Ethan", and my favorite " No Monkey's jumping on the bed". She loves that song and requests every time her and Ethan start jumping on the bed. Ethan will even sit with her and tell her to repeat words after him and she will. He will even try to trick her a couple of times with hard words but she tries her best. She is both a tomboy and a girly girl. She loves carrying purses and putting on lipstick but loves playing soccer with the older boys and will even kick it towards them. She has no problem getting dirty.

We have yet to pick out a name for our little one but we always seem to wait till last minute anyways. I want to make sure it is the right one that fits her because I strongly think Ethan and Gracie have names that fit their personalities. I couldn't picture them named anything else expect Ethan and Gracie.

No comments: