Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Friday, August 29, 2008

Gracie's 1st visit to the ER

Yesterday we had Gracie's 6 month check up. She weighed in at 19 lbs and 15 ounces, one ounce away from being 20 lbs! Her height was 26 3/4 and her head circumference was 43 cm. She was in the 95th percentile for everything except her height which is in the 75th percentile. Her appointment went fine and then it was time for the shots. Once she started to calm down and was happy again we thought we were set to leave the hospital but we were wrong. That is when she started choking and was having difficulty breathing. She started to change in color and I was sure she didn't have anything in her mouth because I was just holding her. So after a couple frantic moments of trying to get her to breathe and stop choking she started to cry. I was relieved and thought maybe whatever was going on had passed, well that was until she started to do it again. Since she just had her shots, I thought she was having an allergic reaction so we went to the ER. By the time we get to see the Doctor, 2 1/2 freakin hours later, Gracie is playing and laughing as normal as can be. I think she is learning from her brother who is no stranger to the ER and often makes liars out of us. Of course, the doctor doesn't think anything is wrong even though he cannot explain why my child stopped breathing and was turning blue. They do a couple x-rays to see if she accidentally swallowed something but there is nothing. They said that she could've had a small reaction, but since she seems fine it must have passed. Great, now I have to go home put my daughter to sleep and pray to God she will wake up! I was disappointed with their diagnosis but what do you expect. It ain't their kid. Therefore, last night was a long one because I kept waking up to make sure she was okay.




No comments: