Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Old foggies

The other day Eric and I started to watch Wheel of Fortune. Yes, I admit it! To us it seemed that only old people got into it. We catch ourselves watching it everyday. Isn’t that sad! How did we go from knowing which bars had their nightly specials in college to actually scanning the preview guide to find Wheel of Fortune or the Price is Right which by the way I think Barker is a robot because that man was super old when I was a baby. In my defense I do have some age appropriate shows, like Grey’s Anatomy and Fashion Runway. I just wish they didn’t come on so late, because 10:00 is my bedtime. Yes, 10:00 is my bedtime, go ahead and laugh but if I don’t get my sleep I am not the nicest person. It is just not our TV viewing that surprises us but the other night I treated myself to a cape cod for my birthday. For those of you that know me, would know that it is my drink of choice and have drank them for a while. The other night I realized I hadn’t had one in a LONG time because after one I was already loopy. It isn’t that I don’t like to drink while watching Ethan. It is just if you drink more than one, it is so hard to get up with a baby. Therefore, it is just easier to not drink.

I don’t know if this is due to becoming parents or if we have just gotten soft but hopefully we can figure something out so we don’t feel so old. I will tell you one thing though; I am not giving up the Wheel of Fortune. Especially because Eric and I race each other to see who can solve the puzzle and I sometimes beat him. He hates to be beaten by a girl, which is why we don’t play rummy any more. Well then I guess there is only one solution to fix our problem. Drink more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Wheel of Fortune? Price Is Right? I love those shows! Mike and I watch them all the time! (I even got a Spin ID. Shhh!) I remember when I was a kid my grandparents watched WoF so I thought it was some boring old people show. ;-)

I'm the same with alcohol - one drink wouldn't phase me but the other night when I had a vodka cranberry, it hit me quick!

Loved this entry...mostly because I can totally relate. :-)