Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Friday, September 27, 2013

Life in Between

A couple weeks ago a radio station was asking callers to call in and give their two cents regarding a topic.
They were giving away a gift card to the famous Georgetown Cupcake.
The topic was mommy guilt
You can say I rocked it!

Gracie has resumed her drums lessons now that school has started. 
Unfortunately, that means the other kiddos and I have to wait for her while she is playing. 
The waiting area is full of really expensive musical instrument. 
 Ugh, Lexie and expensive equipment just don't mix. 
I think the shop owners and my mental state of mind agreed that my car would be the best place for us to wait. However, I needed an extra set of eyes to keep an eye on Gracie. 
Video monitor to the rescue!

That is a drape on the floor and the drapery rod leaning against the door. 
Now do you understand why keeping expensive musical instruments away from her is a good idea.
 This was taken at 7 in the morning. 
Gracie and Ethan usually like to sit next to each other. 
This morning they both woke up grumps and without any instruction from me
choose to sit the farthest away from each other as they could get. 
Yikes!

 Parallel parking can be so daunting, but if you drive anywhere in D.C., you got to get used to it.
I took this picture because I was so proud that I was able to get my car in that small space. 
I promised my kids a trip to the museum and they are going to get a trip to the stinkin' museum!
And they say woman can't drive.

It's that time of year! 
Lexie was cool with the wig for about two seconds

Can you tell what book we were reading at bed time the night before?
Maybe we should hold off on reading Goldilicious until I can hide my jewelry.

 Oh the joys of Cub Scouts.  

Eli's first birthday is coming up. 
Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss?!

We had a visit from Flat Stanley recently. 
He followed us around D.C. and I think his favorite spot was
 the Korean restaurant where we had lunch.

Eric and I were able to visit the Holocaust Museum sans kids. 
It was heartbreaking and horrific.
One day I will take the kids there, but not any time soon.

Just a dad hanging out with his kids in the front yard.
Love him.

Want to come on vacation with us?? 
Yeah, I figured you would say no. It's fine...we have no room for you anyway. 


This is the one thing that I wish we didn't have room for.
Dirty laundry follows us wherever we go. 
No wonder the kids think the laundry is my favorite hobby. 

No comments: