Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall is knocking on our door!

Texas is still getting up there in the temperatures but our mornings have really started to cool down. Thankfully, it does not feel like you are walking into the gates of hell as soon as you open the front door. Don't get me wrong! I LOVE Texas summers and I will take them over snow any day but it is quite nice to see the season change. Of course, boots, bonfires, and yummy pumpkin desserts are great perks as well!!


Our house is wearing it's fall decor proudly!

I think I still need a rug for the front door but I can't find anything I like.


Since making the silhouette pillow, I have been going pillow crazy now that I know how easy it is.
The hanging wreath idea came from Martha Stewart Magazine. Although instead of real pumpkins, I hallowed out foam ones and used battery operated tea lights instead of real candles.

For the monogrammed pumpkin, I just bought a Funkin (pumkin that you can carve) from our local craft store and carved out our name. Which by the way I am so glad it is only 4 letters ;). The pumpkin and the hanging wreath both light up so it is very pretty at night.





The fall banner literally cost me $1.50 because I already owned the stencils, paint and leaves.
There are so many ways you can decorate a burlap banner!
I didn't do this but I would suggest to sew around your cut edges.
We have been in a drought so I was 100% sure that it wouldn't unravel. Since putting up...2 storms! Eric says it is our good luck charm.




Of course, this little one sees the camera and begs for me to take her picture.
She cracks me up with her poses!

2 comments:

Karena said...

I love what you have created especially the hanging wreath! What a special family you have!

I have hooked up with Julia's Party as well!I hope yoou will come visit!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Kathy said...

Amen, and thank God for fall. Cooler weather and fall colors. Great porch, I love what you have done to accent fall. Kathy