Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Monday, April 26, 2010

Lexie's 4 months.

Yes, our little girl has already been with us for 4 months. The time is just racing by and I am running to keep up. I feel like one month of my pregnancy was equivalent to her 4 months here. It is so easy to have her around because she is so mellow. Don't get me wrong, she will let us know when she is ready to eat but other than that she loves to watch and observe till she falls asleep again. It is wonderful watching her develop her own little personality with her likes and dislikes. She continues to amaze Eric and I and we know it will only get better. She now weighs 11.68 lbs and is 22.8 inches long. She is able to track things with her eyes and lights up whenever the lights on her bouncer turn on or whenever Gracie talks to her. I love watching how motherly Gracie is towards her. She will be a good momma one day. Whenever Lexie can't find her bottle which she is pretty good at recognizing now, she will either put her hands in her mouth or try to bring my fingers to her mouth. Also, I don't know if she is afraid that we will pull the bottle out of her mouth too soon because she has now started to hold onto it while she eats. I will let her hold it for a couple of minutes but then she will get too relaxed and will need my help.

She is getting so big, it scares me. Just recently I had to switch her to size 2 diapers and was just remembering how the preemies looked huge on her. She is an active sleeper and will move from the top to the bottom within a couple of hours. So I am thinking about moving her into her own room because the bassinet is not long enough for her. It is heart wrenching because she is so fragile but is still growing like any child would. But it also hurts because she is my last baby. The bassinet will be put away and I will only have memories of 2 am feedings and the quite breathing of a baby laying next to me. To know that I will never hold one of my own newborns again is really sad....but that's okay because Ethan said he would rather live with me forever than have a wife and kids. We'll see if he feels that way as a teenage boy.



2 comments:

vance's mama said...

wow she is getting so chunky!!! hard to believe she is 4 months already!!

MoDLin said...

Is that cutie pie sucking her tumb? What an adorable picture! It's wonderful to watch our babies grow, but I remember feeling the same way about not having any more babies when I put away our cradle. Time flew by and now my daughter has just put away that same cradle with her last baby. Where did the time go? Life is amazing.