Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Saturday, March 14, 2009

What have you done with my son??

Ethan has always been pretty good at taking naps, but now that he is getting older I think he is starting to outgrow them. So he gets a choice, he can either take a nap or he can have quiet time in his room like for instance, reading books, doing puzzles, playing with toys....etc. Well you can pretty much guess which one he normally picks. Here is a conversation we had earlier today.

Mom: Okay Ethan, Gracie is going to take a nap, it is quiet time for you.
Ethan: Mom, I don't want to go upstairs. (the whining starts) Please Moooooom.
Mom: You know your choices, which one do you chose?
Ethan: but Mooooooom I want to stay down here and play with you. (then the waterworks start)
Mom: Since you are starting to cry that tells me that you really need a nap so maybe you should chose the nap one.
Ethan: .......(silent thinking).........Okay Mom.
Mom: WHAT?????
Ethan: Your right(as he starts to walk to the stairs)I think I do need a nap.
Mom: Okay wait, are you playing a joke on me? Where are you going?
Ethan: Goodnight Mom.


NO JOKE, I went up after 5 minutes thinking I would find my child running rampant. You know using my lipstick on the walls as a way to get back at me, but instead I find him tucked in his bed fast asleep. As I walked back downstairs I kept asking myself, "Your the parent, right?"

No comments: