Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Monday, November 10, 2008

Lazy Weekend

We have been really busy lately so this weekend became our lazy weekend. On Saturday, we did some shopping, had a nice lunch out and then we had over some friends for a barbecue. We had a great time and their little boy just gets a kick out of Ethan and all of his antics. They enjoyed chasing each other around the kitchen. I was excited because Jenny enjoys drinking wine too so I was able to share my wine that our next door neighbor insisted that I try. It has to be the best wine I have ever tasted! It is the kind of wine that is so good you don't realize how much you have drank till the bottle is empty. Needless to say Jenny and I were laughing the entire time. It was fun! On Sunday my neighbor invited me to a girls day out. We got pedicures, did a little shopping and had lunch. She has a little girl that is 4 months younger than Gracie so we are always trading stories. Eric got to hang out with the kids and do stuff around the house. He always has a project up his sleeve.

The other morning Ethan found a little mirror and asked me to look in it. When I did, mind you it was really early, I said "Whoa your mom looks rough, I need to put some makeup on". Well he thought is was so funny that now whenever we see a mirror or he brings me a mirror, he always tell me first, "Mom put some makeup on first, you look rough!" It is a constant reminder I need to watch what I say. However, he makes some of it on his own. We were having lunch and whenever he doesn't want to finish his food, he always has this excuse:
Ethan: Mom, I feel sick (in the most pathetic voice while rubbing his tummy)
Me: Well just eat a couple more bites and then you can go lay down.
Ethan: I have a fever Mom (while touching his head) See Mom, touch my head.
Me: Ugh, you feel fine to me. I don't' think you have a fever.
Ethan: I am going to go lay down Mom.
Me: Thats fine but your food will be waiting here for you when you feel better
2 seconds pass by
Ethan: I feel better Mom, can I have some Halloween Candy.

No comments: