Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Monday, November 05, 2007

Not a baby anymore!

This Saturday Eric took down the crib and we introduced Ethan to his new bed. While Eric was taking the crib apart Ethan enjoyed it by jumping on the bed and even waved goodbye to his crib. He was enjoying the transition a little too much and more than I expected. I was ready for the tears of confusion to come but he seemed like he didn't care. Ethan has always put himself to sleep but I was worried that without him being caged in he was going to run wild. Well our first test came when it was time for a nap. He went and got in the bed and we walked out. However, within a couple of minutes we heard noises. Next step, remove all toys and put him back in bed. It took a couple more times before he was tired and crashed out. Well night came and we got to try it out again. I don't know if it being dark helped him stay in his bed but after 5 minutes he was knocked out. It was the exact same way Sunday. We had more trouble with nap times than we did with bedtimes. I hope that he will get the hang of it but I must say that I am quite proud of how good he has handled it so far. I have been having back pain so not getting him in and out of the crib has become such a blessing. His big boy bedroom looks so cute and makes me realize how much he has grown. Such a big boy!

No comments: