Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dedicated And Devoted = DAD

Happy Father’s day to my love!   Experiencing this journey of parenthood with you has brought me more love and surprisingly more peace than I could have ever imagined.   Watching you with our children will always be the moments that I treasure.  When we were dating, I was positive that you were going to be a great dad, but even then I didn't realize the depth of your devotion.  The love that you show them during the best and the worst of times is unwavering.  While I don’t personally think special children are just given to special parents, it’s hard for me to refute that idea when you have always shown your undying acceptance and endless love.  I know fatherhood has been more trying and terrifying than you had expected, yet you have not stumbled once when it comes to being there for our children.  Even during times when our world took some dramatic turns.  I distinctly remember joking with you that after two special kiddos there had to be a clause in our vows that you were allowed an out.   You didn't think I was being very clever with my joke and said, “If there is, I’m taking all four.”   Regardless of the usual banter between you and I, my heart swelled with pride for you not only as my husband, but also the incredible father that you are to our children.  Despite how many days you have to spend away from us, our children think of you as their hero and know without a shadow of a doubt that you would rather be at home.  I thank my lucky stars that you found me, because I couldn't imagine raising our eclectic bunch and sharing all of these crystal ball moments with anyone else.








No comments: