Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Monday, August 10, 2009

Three's a Charm!


I don't know if there is any truth to that but we will see in about 5 months. Our little family of four will be welcoming it's newest member. That's right, we are having another baby! We are excited and were a little surprised by how quick we got pregnant. We weren't planning on actually trying till June but it seems that once your husband comes back from deployment, you lose track of everything. I am due January 31st, which cracks us up because we will be celebrating a birthday every two weeks in our house but if my life isn't busy, it wouldn't be my life. Of course, Ethan is excited and that was to be expected seeing how he has been requesting a new sibling for some time now. I asked him "How does the baby come out of my stomach?" and he replied with "Mom, they will cut you with some scissors but don't worry because they will put your blood back in and use glue and tape". Ethan also thinks we are having a baby boy and I have to agree with him. I am having the same pregnancy and cravings I had with Ethan, but we will have to wait and see.

However, since becoming pregnant, people have been so kind to ask us what we were thinking since we already have a boy and a girl. "Why on earth would you have more?"..... Ugh, in our house everyone is treated equally and if one gender came out potty trained you can bet your house that would be the gender I would be rooting for but since that doesn't happen, boy or girl we are blessed to have more. People may think we are weird but the one thing that Eric and I know is that we are not normal. I don't know if this will be our last, I am secretly waiting for my internal baby switch to turn but we really don't know. Of course, if it was up to Eric I could be pushing our 10th child out and he would be right there asking if I was ready for 11! I always thought it was the other way around, where guys were the ones you had to pressure into having more kids. Not my husband, he seems to love me barefoot and pregnant!

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats! So exciting!! Don't worry about what people think - Gracie can have that sister bond or Ethan can have that brother bond. Let me know how it goes...we're taking it one kid at a time to see whether or not we'll have more. I'm so excited for you all!

Jen R said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Ethan and Gracie are growing up so quickly, with cute ones like that who could blame you for wanting more :-) Let me know if you figure out how to get the born potty trained!

Andy said...

Congratulations!!! We are very excited for you guys, and, you are NOT crazy. You have gorgeous, cute kids. My Mom was a third kid and my Dad was a fourth, so thank goodness for people who have big families. More fun on the holidays, too.

-Kelly

Unknown said...

Girl, as always I love your attitude. I am so excited for your family. If ever there are people meant to have kiddos, it is ya'll. Such wonderful news. :) Praying for a healthy baby.