Ashe Background

Ashe Background

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The things that come out of his mouth

**After we left playgroup Thursday, I hear Ethan say “That was wonderful Mommy!”

**“Mom, am I your son or are you my son?” I introduced Ethan as my son the other day and I think he thought I was talking about the sun because we sing You are my sunshine together so I am now explaining daughter and son to him. He doesn’t know it is spelled differently.

**If you have been around Ethan for a period of time you already know that he can really beat a subject to death. He is just like his mother and he can talk and talk. But, it sometimes is about the same thing. Like for instance if a man falls down on the TV. Ethan will keep talking about how funny it was to see the man fall and try recreating the event to get a laugh out of us. It can go on for awhile. Well the other day on our way home he was going on and on about something that happened at playgroup the other day and Gracie was sleeping. I tried to introduce the Quiet game.

Me: Ethan, you want to play a game?

Ethan: YES

Me: We are going to play the Quiet game. You have to see how long you can go before you can speak again. So close your mouth.

Ethan. Okay mom…… (1 second later)…….Mom, I can’t close my mouth all the way, I can’t breathe. Like this Mom. (Showing me how he can kind of close his mouth without completely closing it) Can I do this Mom? (Showing me again). I don’t want to play the quiet game.

Me. Never mind.

**Finally, the other day I was at the store trying to find a dress for a wedding that we were invited to this weekend. Which by the way was so much fun. We went to the ceremony with the kids; Ethan was really good but anytime it became quite Gracie took it as her queue to show how loud she can babble. We got a babysitter that some of the other spouses use so Eric and I got to go to the reception and the dance kids free. We had so much fun dancing and just hanging out with each other. It has been close to 4 years the last time we have been dancing and they did so great with the babysitter so we may have to again…..Anyways, back to the department store, Well we were at the counter paying for my dress, Gracie was in her stroller and Ethan was standing next to me. Suddenly I hear Gracie not crying but sounding distressed like someone was bothering her. I look down to see Ethan holding her head against the stroller with one hand and the other hand on her nose. I get him to stop and ask him what he was doing. He replies very loudly, “She has a big booger and I am trying to get it Mom!” Sure enough poor Gracie has a huge booger but I told Ethan it could wait two seconds because I just had to sign the receipt and we could use a baby wipe so it won’t hurt her. He kept repeating it very loudly still trying to do it himself. Finally, when I was all done and it was wiped off, Ethan says “Don’t eat your booger Gracie.”

No comments: